Madison, AL 35758
Gem Care is seeking applications for a protection project engineer to work in our Knoxville TN office on one of our best and most dynamic teams. Company provides great benefits, good career path, and competitive salaries. Engineer must have 6 or more years of experience in the engineering profession. Candidate shall also be experienced in customer satisfaction and detailed design of complex power systems. Applicant should be well versed in AutoCAD and MS Office products. Detailed design experience of electric utility power substations is required.
A professional engineering certification (PE) or the ability to obtain within one year is required. Individual must have experience interpreting, developing, and checking single lines, AC/DC elementaries, panel front views, wiring diagrams, apparatus drawings, and bills of materials. Relay programming and settings experience would be a plus.
Experience in physical design of substations is a plus. In addition, candidate should have experience with project cost estimating, scheduling, and coordination. Candidate will be responsible for team performance in both personnel and financials. Direct customer contact and satisfaction is a major part of this assignment, so excellent communications is a must.
• BS Degree or higher from an ABET accredited college/university
• 6+ years of experience
• Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain PE within one year from date of hire
• Candidate must have the ability to check the work of other team members and produce error free work.
• Candidate must the ability to check/produce single lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc. for electrical substations.
• Candidate should have experience in client contact and interactions.
• Candidate shall be expected to stamp drawings prepared under their supervision if/when PE is acquired.
• Candidate will be required to do overnight site visits. Estimated travel would be less than 10%
• Candidate should be expected to navigate in AutoCAD to view protection packages.