*Concrete Production: General Laborer - Loudon,TN - 1st Shift*
Gem Care Staffing is accepting resumes for General Laborers in the Loudon, TN area – 1st Shift
This is your opportunity to work an ever-growing company that values hard working and dedicated employees!
- Starting pay is $12.00 - $15.00, depending on experience level
- Employees will be eligible for Gem Care Health/Vision/Dental Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- 1st shift hours are typically from 7: 00 AM- 6: 00 PM.
- Opportunity to make extra income with scheduled overtime and occasional Saturdays for training.
- Setting up the forms in which concrete is poured
- Introduce rebar or wire mesh to reinforce the material
- Use trowels and other tools to spread and smooth concrete
- Mold expansion joins and edges
- Interpret blueprints and read survey stakes with a view to establish appropriate grades
- Prepare worksite for concrete footings and assemble concrete forms in specified locations.
- Bend, form, tie and install rebar as illustrated in original blueprints or plans.
- Perform wire mesh cutting duties and ensure that it is properly installed in designated places.
- Monitor how wind, heat and cold affects concrete curing during the entire process.
- Willing to be a member of a team that are experts in concrete construction
- Performs other duties as required
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in construction or other related fields preferred
- Pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift-up to 50 lbs., occasionally to frequently
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Moderate level of mobility, ability to push, pull and move finished product