Manufacturing Engineering Assistant Manager
Clinton, TN 37716
Gem Care is currently accepting applications for a Manufacturing Engineering Assistant Manager for a casting, machining, and assembly client in Clinton, TN. If you are looking for a stable innovative career in the automotive industry with great growth potential, then we encourage you to apply today. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Supervises members in the Production Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma (or equivalent) and 6-7 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment; Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING SKILLS: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The member frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.