Gem Care Staffing is accepting resumes for entry to mid-level manufacturing associates to work in West Knoxville, TN. This is your opportunity to work at a facility that values hard working and dedicated employees!
- Starting pay is $12.36/hour.
- Employees will be eligible for Gem Care Health/Vision/Dental Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- First shift hours are typically from 7: 00 AM- 3: 30 PM, second shift is 3: 00 PM – 11: 30 PM and third shift is 11: 00 AM – 7: 30 AM.
- Some mandatory overtime will be required.
The purpose of this job is to aid the production process.
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Assists the shop lead with basic duties such as assembly, grinding, general purposes
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Checking for defects in parts
- Loading, unloading parts
- Use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- Able to Maintain a clean work area and able to maintain and follow the 5s criteria
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Performs other duties as required
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields preferred
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to read tape measure, calipers and calibrated gauges
- Ability to understand fractions and decimals
- Pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. occasionally to frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Moderate level of mobility; ability to push, pull and move finished product
- Steel toed shoes with metatarsal guards required