Production Machining Specialist
Clinton, TN 37716
Gem Care is currently accepting applications for a Production Machining Specialist for a casting, machining, and assembly client in Clinton, TN. If you are looking for a stable innovative career in the automotive industry with great growth potential, then we encourage you to apply today.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CNC programming
- JIG design
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, etc
- Machine troubleshooting
- Creating cutting paths/use of cutting tools
- Leak testing
- Confers with vendors to make machining determinations.
- Evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Supports initial process flow development and identifies manufacturing processes and equipment
- Makes recommendations on the best methods for part gauging, handling, cleaning, tooling, etc.
- Supports manufacturing operations
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma (or equivalent) and 4-6 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment; Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING SKILLS: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The member frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The member is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The member is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.