Quality Engineering Specialist
Clinton, TN 37716
Gem Care is currently accepting applications for a Quality Engineering Specialist for a casting, machining, and assembly client in Clinton, TN. If you are looking for a stable innovative career in the automotive industry with great growth potential, then we encourage you to apply today. This position is responsible for planning and conducting activities relating to the quality control and quality assurance of manufacturing processes, materials, and product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component
- Devises sampling procedures
- Designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor
- Documents data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma (or equivalent) and 4-6 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment; Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING SKILLS: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The member frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.