Senior Protection Engineer
The Senior Protection Engineer will report directly to the Director of Substation Engineering and will provide technical direction to Junior Engineers from our Pomona CA office. The successful candidate will responsible for overseeing the development of relay protection and control engineering associated with high voltage substation projects through 500kV.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university
• Minimum of 8+ years progressively responsible experience in relay protection engineering is required.
• Familiarity with system protection practices, philosophies, and standards of major electric utility in LA Metropolitan Area is highly desirable.
• Professional registration is highly desirable for this position.
• Update CAPE short circuit study models
• Perform calculations and provide detailed calculation sheets for all relays
• Create setting files for both GE and SEL relays including protection functions and automation programming • Upload Relay setting files in ASPEN
• Create printed setting reports in client-approved format for each relay
• Perform coordination study review and provide report as agreed with client
• System Coordination reviews utilizing CAPE modeling, wide-are coordination study, etc.
• Substation Automation (SA3) review and design and relay settings support
• Provide Protection Turn Key support of identified projects
• Attend meetings or conference calls as applicable
• Perform Arc Flash Studies
• Other items as determined by client