Gem Care is actively seeking an assembler/laborer to work with a great company in the west Knoxville area. We have two current openings and are looking to hire urgently.
Job Title: Assembler/Laborer
Working Hours: 7 AM – 3: 30 PM (although overtime is possible/likely. If OT, hours could be 6 AM – 4 PM, or 7 AM to 5 PM, other variances may occur).
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Assignment Duration: Long-term – potential to be hired on permanently, but it is dependent upon the customer’ s need.
Job Purpose/Scope: The purpose of this job is to aid the production process.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Assists the shop lead with basic duties such as assembly, grinding, general purposes
2. Use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
3. Able to Maintain a clean work area and able to maintain and follow the 5s criteria
4. Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
5. Ability to work any shift and or overtime if requested to ensure the customers’ demands are met.
6. Ability to use or learn to use Tools such as Jack hammers, impact drills, impacts, 10 to 15-pound sledgehammers, spiking mauls, grinders, drills, tape measures, wrenches, and track wrenches.
7. Able to read basic blueprints.
High School Diploma/GED diploma or vocational school equivalent
- Good written and verbal skills
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in assembly and fabrication with the ability to learn
- Must be able to read basic blueprints
- Must know how to read tape measure, calipers, and calibrated gauges.
- Must be able to understand fractions and decimals
Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs., frequent carrying, constant standing, frequent walking, essential grasping, kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing, finger & arm manipulation.
Working Environment/Environmental Hazards:
Safety is # 1. PPE is provided, except for steel toed boots and metatarsal guards (over the boots). Must have both. Environment can be loud (ear plugs are provided), dirty, somewhat hot & somewhat cold. Environment IS INDOORS… all under a roof.