Finishing Operator - 1st Shift
Oak Ridge, TN 37830 US
This position is responsible for operating: ARPECOS, CAPES, REWIND TABLES, FANFOLD TABLES, AND DIGITAL FINISHING EQUIPMENT, PERFORMING ASSIGNED MAINTENANCE AND ASSISTING IN REPAIRS.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all orders are produced according to job specifications.
- Inspect product for print and performance qauality.
- Ensure all quality checks are performed for each press roll.
- Adhere to assigned production schedule
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and equipment
- Enter time and material use in Data Collection Site.
- Pack finished product according to job specifications and standard packaging standards.
- Accurately account for order quantity and packaged quantity
- Maintain safety while operating finishing equipment
- Train other operators as needed.
Digital Specific Finishing:
- Install dies and die cut labels during the converting process.
- Determine when to reorder magnetic dies.
- Apply laminate during the converting process.
- Apply UV coatings as required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management deems necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED
- Previous experience operating similar equipment or exhibit mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to perform well under deadline constraints and meet quality standards.
- Willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, and if needed, holidays and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Standard color perception.
- Requires good hand and eye coordination
- Normal plant environment with varying temperatures and exposure to medium to high noise levels
- Physically able to lift up to 70 lbs., bend, stood, and reach
- Must be able to stand up to 7 hours during shift on concrete floor with antifatigue mat.
- Must be able to use a computer, keyboard, and a touchscreen monitor.
- Must be able to carry up to 15 lbs. a distance of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to reach arms up and out to shoulder height making adjustments.