Finishing Operator - 1st Shift
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Gem Care is currently hiring Finishing Operators for a printing company in Oak Ridge, TN. This position is responsible for operating Arpecos, Capes, Rewind Tables, Fanfold Tables, and Digital Finsihing Equipment, as well as assigned maintenance and assisting in repairs as needed. Position is temp-to-hire after 90 days.
· Follow all procedures in the Departmental Work Instructions.
· Ensure all orders are produced according to job specifications.
· Inspect product for print and performance quality.
· Ensure all quality checks are performed for each press roll.
· Remove unacceptable product from press rolls or packs.
· Adhere to assigned production schedule.
· Maintain and clean equipment and work area.
· Enter time and material use in Data Collection Site.
· Pack finished product according to job specifications and standard packaging standards.
· Accurately account for order quantity and packaged quantity.
· Determine when equipment needs to be repaired.
· Maintain safety while operating finishing equipment.
· Train other operators as needed.
· Commitment to company goals, the quality policy, and all rules and policies in the Employee Handbook.
· Understand and apply the Internal Customer Concept.
· Understand how the processes specified on the job ticket combine to produce the desired product.
· Understand the technical, quality, and efficiency relationships of all available manufacturing processes.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
· Previous experience operating similar equipment or exhibit mechanical aptitude.
· Commitment to company goals, quality policy, and all rules and policies in the Employee Handbook.
· Must be able to perform well under deadline constraints and meet quality standards and a willingness to work hours required.
· Standard color perception and vision corrected to 20/20.
· Requires good hand and eye coordination.
· Must be able lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
· Kneeling, crouching, bending, carrying product, etc. for the duration of the shift.
· Basic computer skills.