Contract To Hire
Job Number: 6742
Pay Rate: 16.50
Hours: 7:30am -4/5pm Monday through Friday (Saturdays sometimes necessary)
Pay: $16.5 per hour
Uniform: Leather work boots, orange shirt or orange vest, long pants, and shirts with sleeves(long or short).
SUMMARY: The Precast Concrete General Laborer position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS NOT LIMITED TO ONE AREA:
- Take apart metal and wood forms using various hand/power tools. Clean and prep forms for setup.
- Make steel reinforcement cages for forms.
- Setup forms so ready to place concrete into them.
- Pour concrete into forms and finish with trowel.
- Help with forming if needed (wood).
- Help in yard with unloading, placement, or loading of product.
- Cleanup, this is a big and very important part of the job.
- There is some lifting involved; no one should lift beyond their capabilities, we have overhead cranes for heavy lifts.
- Knowledge of proper use of hand tools such as hammer, sockets, wrenches is a plus.
- Knowledge of proper use of power tools such as drills, grinder, saw is a plus.
- Attendance is very important, being here and on time and at work every day.
- Observing all Safety rules and policies including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Previous production experience preferred but not required.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
manufacturing with construction background
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.