IT Systems Engineer
Loudon, TN 37774
Gem Care is currently accepting resumes for an IT Systems Engineer for a client in Loudon, TN. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the client’ s infrastructure: Network (LAN/WAN/WiFi), Telephony, Servers (physical, virtual, cloud), Cloud based systems, Security (Firewalls, AV, User Access Control), Group Policies, Active Directory, DevOps (log/job monitoring, promotion of changes to production environments) and Disaster Recovery. The role will work across various company, business, and IT areas. A strong knowledge of IT Systems will be integral in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers, supports, and maintains operations in the company’ s systems environments, including servers (virtual, physical, cloud), desktop infrastructures, email/communication systems, or other computer systems (internal and 3rd party SaaS solutions)
- Administers, implements, and maintains network – routers, switches, firewalls, VPN’ s, Internet connections, Point to Point connections, VOIP/telephony, wireless, and anything between the cloud/internet and the company’ s end users.
- Communicates with users, technical teams, and vendors
- Tests, implements, and monitors/maintains security and disaster recovery systems
- Monitors and troubleshoots infrastructure performance of systems, including uptime, failover, and security
- Ensures the continual functioning of mission critical operations, systems, and network
- Maintains security, privacy, and regulatory compliance of the information systems throughout the company
- Maintains a high level of organization and planning while communicating with stakeholders regarding system implementation, changes, and/or interruptions.
- Assists users in working with systems, applications, analysis, and general technical support to all the company’ s employees.
- Provides tier-2 support to the help desk technicians
- After hours on-call responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned
- BS or AA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining IT systems – client hardware (desktops/laptops), servers (physical and virtual), switches and telephony
- 2+ years supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining LAN/WAN/Wireless networks
- 2+ years administration of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, and Windows Server systems
- 1+ years configuring and maintaining disaster recovery systems/processes
- 1+ years supporting and maintaining public/hybrid cloud infrastructure – AWS preferred
- 1+ years maintaining firewalls and enterprise security (VPN, anti-virus, email scanning etc)
- 1+ years supporting Exchange / O365 (preferred)
- General understanding of business process, application logic, development environment, databases, data management, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Must be able to lead meetings and discuss implications of systems implementations, deployment and changes
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, associates, and management
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual skills