Clinton, TN 37716
Gem Care is currently accepting applications for Maintenance Technicians for a client in Clinton, TN. If you are looking for a stable innovative career in the automotive industry with great growth potential, then we encourage you to apply today. Duties will include performing general maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on all manufacturing and facility equipment as needed, and working closely with production personnel to resolve issues and improve productivity and quality.
Positions available on 2nd (M-F 2: 30 PM-11: 00 PM) and 3rd shifts (S-T 10: 30 PM-7: 00 AM) (overtime as needed, typically every other weekend)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment.
- Installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment.
- Fabricates and repairs.
- Performs routine maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
One-year certificate from college or technical school, or two (2) to four (4) years related experience and high school diploma or G.E.D., or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or members of organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING SKILLS: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The member frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the member is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The member is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The member is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Pay range: $16.00-22.00/hr (depending on experience)
Position is temp-to-hire after 90 days.