Material Handler (Non-Forklift)
Knoxville, TN 37931 US
Gem Care Inc. has an opening for a Non-Forklift Material Handler.
Pay: $14 an hour
Shift: 7AM-3:30PM, Mon-Fri
- Commit to being a strong and reliable member of a team that is dedicated to the highest levels of efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Discern minute differences between various labels based on reading job numbers/customer codes descriptions.
- Pack every box efficiently, correctly and with a high standard of quality.
- Examine and inspect materials and products in order to ensure that specifications are met.
- Cleaning of surrounding areas per 6s Standards.
- Advise supervisor when supplies (pallets/boxes/tape) are getting low.
- Use computer to print labels for boxes.
- Prepare boxes for packing based on label specifications.
- Record production with timeliness and accuracy.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the work load.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Perform effectively with attention to detail, in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Perform well independently on projects from beginning to end.
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for organizing.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Requires constant lifting and moving product onto conveyors into shrink wrap machine.
- High school education or GED equivalent
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
- Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing setting
- Frequently stand for long periods, walk, stoop, bend, crouch, and kneel.
- Frequently sit, turning head left and right to view 180 degrees behind self
- Frequently ascend and descend a height of 18 inches from the floor
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, feel, grasp, and reach for items, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means
- Consistently push or pull objects up to 40 pounds
- Periodically lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus.
- Medium to loud noise environment
- Work flexible/varying schedules and hours as needed
- Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines