Contract To Hire
Job Number: 5752
Pay Rate: 13.50
Position Title: Material Handler Department: Extrusion Dept
Classification: Hourly Location: Double H Tennessee
Reports to Directly: Lead
Written by: MM Date:10/29/19 Key Back Up: Other Material Handler
Support Extrusion Operation coordinating Raw Materials and Packaging Supplies. Help Operators in a reasonable manner with production activity and pack finished goods as required. Perform all work in safe manner following safety guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine online quality checks on all products and WIP sticks. Record or input data into Beta LaserMike as required and alert Operator if a quality problem is detected.
- Grind startup and normal scrap product, segregate by resin type and reuse in new products. Grind product as directed by Operator and Lead.
- Supply Extrusion lines with boxes, bags, film, tape, pallets and other supplies as required. Load tape machines and breakdown boxes as required.
- Prepare boxes or packing containers (totes) for extrusion line start-ups and changeovers to meet scheduling demands.
- Assure product is properly packed. Seal full boxes and palletize boxes per designed patterns. Record production data, enter data into Computer. Verify production information and properly apply labels.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead.
Education: High School
- Able to learn and distinguish various resin pellets and regrind.
- Use pallet jack and Forklifts.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to provide input and communicate with other Operators, Mechanics, and Managers.
Quality Standards: Must be able to understand quality standards and perform quality checks.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 lbs for a distance of up to 25 feet.
- Must be able to lift arms above shoulders to retrieve parts and stack pallets. Occasional bending and reaching to retrieve parts and fill hoppers at higher levels.
- Able to work in hot environment.
Safety: To maintain proper safety standards according to established Sanitary and Housekeeping Practices (GMP Compliance). Proper use of all safety equipment i.e.: proper use of personal protective gear including ear plugs, gloves and safety glasses.