Process Technician-Assembly Weld
Knoxville, TN 37914
Gem Care is hiring a Process Technician for the East Knoxville area. This is a 1st shift, contract-to-hire position. The technician will be required to work under minimal supervision and perform successful set-up/changeovers of various machines as well as maintain, troubleshoot, train, and assist in the production process to meet production and quality requirements in a safe manner. He/She must maintain an excellent safety, quality, and attendance record.
Required skills and experience:
- Interpret verbal and written instructions on drawings and/or procedures and apply as they relate to the manufacturing process
- Responsible for set-up of production and the quality of the parts being produced from that set up.
- Must be able to proficiently disassemble, set-up, adjust and changeover equipment for production necessary to ensure safety, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Assist and/or perform minor tool maintenance and repair to include proper storage and handling.
- Assist and/or perform minor machine maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required.
- Run production as necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and orderly.
- Understand and abide by all plant rules and regulations.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to read precision measuring instruments accurately.
- Understand the purpose of air lifters and make adjustments when necessary.
- Understand punch and die clearances.
- Set and adjust transfer rails and guides.
- Accurately check part visually and dimensionally.
- Operate de-coilers.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Good communication skills.
- Understand lubricants, lube systems, refractometer readings (can be trained).
- Must be forklift certifiable.
- Ability to set-up, run, and change-over stamping dies
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Must be able to read calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring instruments
- Have great communication skills and work well within a team
- Excellent demonstrated mechanical skills as well as problem solving skills
- Good math skills, ability to calculate and comprehend necessary math concepts
- Prior experience with measuring tools is a MUST
- Wrenches and other hand tools
- Precision measuring instruments
- Lathes and other basic machine shop equipment
High school diploma/GED is required
Current position hours are Monday-Thursday 6: 00 AM-4: 30 PM
Pay rate: $16.55/hour