Quality Inspector-2nd shift
, Hendersonville 37075
Gem Quality provides quality and containment services to automotive manufacturers across Middle and East Tennessee. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals to work on a contract basis as quality inspectors within our growing market in Hendersonville, TN. Positions are available on 1st or 2nd shift. $15.00/hr
Quality Inspectors work on the production flow in inspection, sorting, and containment as well as performs rework & repair projects. Our Inspectors have opportunities for advancement, and we are proud to promote from within whenever possible.
Quality Inspectors will be visually/functionally inspecting a bronze pin to ensure its OD meets the customer' s specifications during the safe launch activity. This project should last for approx. 3 to 4 months.
1st shift: 6: 00 AM-2: 30 PM, M-F + every other weekend for first few weeks.
2nd shift: 2: 00 PM-10: 30 PM, M-F + every other weekend for first few weeks.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Approve incoming materials / In-process parts by confirming the specifications set forth by the customer to the actual condition through various means of visual confirmation and measurement test when applicable
- Reject non-conforming parts
- Approve finished / in process parts by confirming specifications through means of visual and measurement tests, or after rework has occurred to the components being assigned to
- Document inspection results on paperwork provided in the project manual that pertains to the containment activity assigned (tally sheets, logs, or summarizing daily work accountability)
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; notifying Quality Supervisor and / Regional Manager of issues when they arise regarding repair or calibration of equipment
- Achieve all production KPI’ s as they pertain to the project and customer expectations
- High sense of urgency to respond to clients.
- Adherence and understanding to the quality policy and know where to find it if asked to produce it during a containment activity (be able to explain it in your own words)
- Effectively communicate to the Quality Supervisor and / or Regional Manager on current condition in the field assigned
- Report sorting results as directed by the Quality Supervisor and / or Regional Manager
- Implement and promote good GMP’ s and safety procedures on all projects
- Practice and maintain good 5s standards (Housekeeping before, during, and after a shift)
Qualified candidates are able to:
- Use inspection, measuring and test equipment as required
- Provide accurate and complete information for paperwork
- Perform a full range of varied inspection- or production-related tasks as well as administrative duties.
- Read and follow work instructions all employee policies, work rules, and directions
- Wear PPE (safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, ear plugs, facemasks, etc)