Gem Quality looks for detail-oriented individuals to work on a contract basis with our growing Quality and Containment company in Maryville, Rockford, Vonore, and neighboring areas. Gem Quality works in the automotive and manufacturing industry, providing quality and containment services to automotive manufacturers across Middle and East Tennessee.
Quality Inspectors work on the production flow in Inspection, Sorting and Containment as well as perform Rework & Repair Projects. Our Inspectors have opportunities for advancement, and we are proud to promote from within whenever possible.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Using inspection, measuring and test equipment
- Performing a full range of varied inspection tasks including visual & touch point inspection
- Performing a full range of production related tasks as well as administrative duties related to quality project work
- Reading and following written and verbal work instructions
- Identifying problems and questions and reporting them to appropriate supervisor
Qualified candidates are able to:
- Use inspection, measuring and test equipment as required
- Provide accurate and complete information for paperwork
- Perform a full range of varied inspection- or production-related tasks as well as administrative duties.
- Read and follow work instructions all employee policies, work rules, and directions
- Ability of hearing, sight, smell and touch, coupled with eye/hand coordination.
- Use of arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of tools, objects and controls is necessary
- Lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Walk, stand, and/or sit for an entire shift.
- Work in repetitive environment to include one or more of the following for an entire shift: Grasp, Grip, Reach, Pull, Push, Bend, Squat, Kneel or Balance.
- Work in different climates, such as heat or cold, for an entire shift.