Quality Supervisor 2nd shift
, Hendersonville 37075
Gem Care/Gem Quality is seeking a Quality Supervisor for 2nd shift in Hendersonville, TN. 2nd shift: 2: 00 PM-11: 00 PM (M-F) + every other weekend
Pay rate is $22.00/hr
Contract: 3-4 months
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of customer projects in the respective area assigned. This position will be responsible for the management of quality inspectors and quality leads and reporting from their respective areas assigned. The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for following written procedures as they pertain to Gem Quality’ s QMS and ISO certification, monitor and report all customer requested KPI’ s for the field, and be responsible for maintaining current data collection. This position plays an integral part in maintaining customer relations, as well as work with the Regional Manager to establish a short- and long-term strategic plans pertaining to operations. The Quality Supervisor will be required to oversee all projects assigned in the field for their area(s). The Quality Supervisor will be responsible to help keep communication transparent when problem resolution is required on customer accounts. The Quality Supervisor will assist and work with other departments within Gem Care to promote team cohesion and unity. The position is expected to represent the company to clients, candidates, professional organizations, and other relative entities in efforts to build and nurture mutually beneficial, long term relationships to secure success for all members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are subject to management discretion and may be changed at any time based upon corporate need or reasonable accommodation. Other duties may be assigned by the department leader of this position.
- Build and promote current customer relationships
- Build, develop, and foster strong, positive relationships with existing customers (quality, human resource leaders and production managers).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Build and develop quality leads
- High sense of urgency to respond to clients and candidates.
- Ability for quick, effective decision making in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-driven, responsible, trustworthy, and collaborate with other management team members
- Effectively communicate to Regional Manager on current condition in the field assigned
- Maintain Gem Quality’ s quality policy
- Ability to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrate initiative
- Responsible for keeping and growing existing business
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel in the field daily (site to site in the area of responsibility)
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all training and document tracking systems
- Report KPI’ s as directed by Regional Manager
- Ability to follow EEO guidelines
- Ability to be available after normal working hours and weekends (this is a customer service-based business that requires a 24/7 approach to ensure 100% customer satisfaction occurs)
- Ability to proficiently operate PC and software (Word processing, database, spread sheet, and document tracking systems)
- Implement and promote good GMP’ s and safety procedures on all projects
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and report quality issues in the field as they occur in a timely manner to the customer when needed (5 Why and / or 8D response)
- Knowledgeable of 5s standards
- Understanding of Toyota’ s TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma / GED
- Proven leadership skills from past experience
- 5 + years’ in a proven manufacturing setting (automotive preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and work instructions, financial data, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to effectively present information to management, pier groups, and public groups.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Contact with Others
Must possess the ability to get along with others in a team-oriented work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hand and fingers for pc use. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly in a temperature controlled, low noise office environment. When visiting customer sites, the employee is periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, outside temperatures, high noise levels, and/or loud noise. When visiting customer sites, the employee will be required to follow the customers PPE requirements.