Essential Duties and Responsibilities The essential duties and responsibilities described below are subject to management discretion and may be changed at any time based upon corporate need or reasonable accommodation. Other duties may be assigned by the department leader of this position.
- Build and promote current customer relationships
- Build, develop, and foster strong, positive relationships with existing customers (quality, human resource leaders and production managers).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Build and develop quality leads
- High sense of urgency to respond to clients and candidates.
- Ability for quick, effective decision making in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-driven, responsible, trustworthy, and collaborate with other management team members
- Effectively communicate to Regional Manager on current condition in the field assigned
- Maintain Gem Quality’ s quality policy
- Ability to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrate initiative
- Responsible for keeping and growing existing business
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel in the field daily (site to site in the area of responsibility)
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all training and document tracking systems
- Report KPI’ s as directed by Regional Manager
- Ability to follow EEO guidelines
- Ability to be available after normal working hours and weekends (this is a customer service-based business that requires a 24/7 approach to ensure 100% customer satisfaction occurs)
- Ability to proficiently operate PC and software (Word processing, database, spread sheet, and document tracking systems)
- Implement and promote good GMP’ s and safety procedures on all projects
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and report quality issues in the field as they occur in a timely manner to the customer when needed (5 Why and / or 8D response)
- Knowledgeable of 5s standards
- Understanding of Toyota’ s TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed.
- Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Organization Skills – Manages priorities daily to meet customer requirements; Continuously focuses on personal organization to improve overall productivity.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization' s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates a mindset and results for continuous improvement of the systems and processes of the company, for customer fulfillment and relations, positive relationships with co-workers and leadership, and positive work environment.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Proven leadership skills from past experience
- 5 + years’ in a proven manufacturing setting (automotive preferred)
- Experience in the steel industry preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and work instructions, financial data, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, pier groups, and public groups.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Contact with Others Must possess the ability to get along with others in a team-oriented work environment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hand and fingers for pc use. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly in a temperature controlled, low noise office environment. When visiting customer sites, the employee is periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, outside temperatures, high noise levels, and/or loud noise. When visiting customer sites, the employee will be required to follow the customers PPE requirements.