General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring contract and contract-to-hire candidates for presentation to the client’ s human resource leaders, hiring managers, or internal account manager. This includes engaging and managing candidates through the recruiting life cycle. The position’ s primary focus is to ensure positions are filled in an expeditious manner with the best qualified candidates while meeting the customer’ s expectations. In addition, this position will be responsible for administration and use of an applicant tracking system, periodic front desk coverage, daily reporting of KPI’ s, job fair support attendance, customer site tours, payroll, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are subject to management discretion and may be changed at any time based upon company need or reasonable accommodation. Other duties may be assigned by the Supervisor for this position.
· Pro-actively source, screen, interview, and recruit contract and contract-to-hire candidates by phone and face-to-face
· Proactively serve as the primary liaison between customers and candidates while promoting the best fit for the customer and the candidate to maximize long term, mutually beneficial employment relationships.
· Build and develop strong, positive relationships with customer human resource leaders and hiring managers
· Responsible for growing new opportunities with assigned accounts
· Actively promote our candidates to customers even when job orders are not available
· Represent the company to the customer with a positive, servant style approach
· Proactively recruit candidates to establish benches or pools of talent specific to each customer
· Ability to communicate with urgency relative to delivering good and/or bad news to the candidates and customers
· Manages and responds to opportunities for improvement regarding the employee’ s performance including coaching, counseling, disciplining, termination and/or removal from the job assignment
· Ability to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrates initiative, and possesses excellent written and oral communication
· Responsible for entry, update, and maintenance of candidate and customer activity within the applicant tracking system
· Achieve company KPI’ s
· Report KPI’ s daily or as requested by management
· Ensure that all New Hire Paperwork/Documentation is accurate and complete
· Responsible for administration of payroll records and attendance records
· Responsible for administration of drug test screening
· Responsible for administration of customer record keeping systems
· Support recruiting efforts through community and business canvasing to post and display company advertisements
· Administers pre-employment drug screening
· Demonstrate and perform daily job functions with a high sense of urgency and efficiency
· Ability to be available after normal working hours and weekends Participate in the development and improvement of company-wide management systems
· Attend job fairs and actively promote positions on social media
· Support of team members to achieve team goals
· Create and publish project schedules, action items, agendas and reports as required
· Ability to proficiently operate PC and software (Word processing, database, spread sheet) are required
· Ability to follow EEO guidelines
· Maintain clean and organized work area
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Drive – Works with a true sense of urgency driven by a belief that there is always a chance and opportunity to avoid lost opportunities, improve the overall health of the company, exceed expectations of the customer and exceed company business targets.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed.
· Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Organization Skills – Manages priorities daily to meet customer requirements; Continuously focuses on personal organization to improve overall productivity.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization' s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates a mindset and results for continuous improvement of the systems and processes of the company, for customer fulfillment and relations, positive relationships with co-workers and leadership, and positive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Four year bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
· 2+ years experience preferred in a fast-paced full cycle recruitment position
· Prior experience recruiting for positions in a factory setting preferred
· Proven success in an environment with aggressive goals
· Experience using applicant tracking systems
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Customer Site Training
This position will be required to periodically train at the customer sites performing duties for the positions and/or jobs assigned to the recruiter for fill. In most cases, this will require the recruiter to perform the actual work for the position. When visiting or training at the customer sites, the employee is periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, outside temperatures, high noise levels, and/or loud noise. When visiting customer sites, the employee will be required to follow the customers PPE requirements.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and work instructions, financial data, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to effectively present information to management, pier groups, and public groups.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Contact with Others
Must possess the ability to get along with others in a team-oriented work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hand and fingers for PC use. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly in a temperature controlled, low noise office environment. When visiting or working at customer sites, the employee is periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, outside temperatures, high noise levels, and/or loud noise. When visiting or working at customer sites, the employee will be required to follow the customers safety programs and rules requirements.